Thursday, June 4, 2009

Road Trip: Success!

Well, I know we've been back in town for a while, but let me just say that preparing for Summer Reading Club is INSANELY time consuming! And I'm not even technically a youth staff member. But I will be co-coordinating our YA Book Club this summer....I just have to say that it will be awesome. :)

Anyway, Oliver survived his first trip out of the DFW area as Pirate Monkey. I think I will post a couple of my personal favs and then will include my photo set from Flickr when I talk about Thing 3.

So enjoy!


Oliver camped out on the dash the morning we left San Antonio to continue further south. You'll notice he stil has his hook. The boat got ditched as soon as he realized we would be surrounded by dirt and mesquite trees.





Oliver getting acquainted with the local livestock from a safe distance.....behind my father's pickup truck. We no longer own cattle, but our neighbors out there sure do....curious bunch, they are. As you will see, he no longer has the hook. After the hook sustained damage outside of San Antonio, I decided that I did not want to invest in repairs for it. Oliver took it as a sign that his confidence is growing, but assured me the eye patch and bandana would never leave his head.....would totally kill the pirate monkey image if they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment